[mythtv-users] Using CableCard tuners other than the HDHR Prime or Ceton

Ray Parrish rparrish at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 16:26:56 UTC 2011

I was recently given an ATI DCT (digital cable tuner) which connects
via USB and was one of the first CableCard tuners brought to market.
In the Windows environment, it communicates with the host PC through
UPnP calls over a network interface similar to what I have read about
the Ceton tuner.

I wanted to see what the process is for determining what would be
needed to make it work with MythTV. I believe it will behave similarly
to the Ceton or the usb-based CC tuner released by Hauppauge. It also
only has one tuner.

When I connect the device to my backend, it creates a network
interface eth1 with an IP address of 192.168.119.90. I was able to
determine that the IP of the tuner is 192.168.119.89, and I can bring
up its web page.

I am currently running 0.24-fixes from Mythbuntu autobuild repos. In
theory, should it simply work if I add it as an HDHR by IP address?
Hopefully Ron Frazier can shed some light on this topic from his work
on getting the Ceton tuner working.

-Ray