[mythtv-users] Recommendations for front end replacement

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Dec 6 15:30:13 UTC 2011

On 11-12-06 10:04 AM, Andre wrote:

> I found that neither card is powerful enough to use inverse telecine (ivtc)

That is an interesting observation since I would think that of just
about any de-interlacer (other than ones that simply discard frames,
which is cheating IMHO) ivtc would be the least computationally
intensive since it doesn't require any per frame calculations but simply
shifts frames around.  I suppose it has to do interframe comparisons
though.  Maybe that's what kills it.

> but I'm not convinced that Myth drives that right yet anyway.

I wish it did since much of what I watch (i.e. TV drama, comedies, etc.
  not sports) is still filmed at 24fps and my cableco sends them down
telecined, even on clearqam.

Cheers,
b.