[mythtv-users] LIRC / Nvidia 180.13 LED Always Lit

phipps-hutton at sky.com phipps-hutton at sky.com
Tue Dec 6 10:33:54 UTC 2011

Quoting Scott & Nicole Harris <snharris99 at live.com>:

> Hi,
>
> The LED light on my MCE IR receiver has taken to always being lit
> (or blinking furiously).  My TV is connected to my 220GT via HDMI
> (video and sound) and I am using the 180.13 NVidia drivers (due to
> the segfault issues I experience with any of the current higher
> versions) and ALSA 1.0.24.  The reason I am thinking the two are
> connected is because when I power off the TV, the LED light on the
> receiver goes out; power the TV back on, and the light comes on
> again.  The only thing that I can think of that connects the two is
> (obviously) the HDMI signal into the card.

The other thing that connects the two is infra-red light from the TV
bouncing around the room and back to the MCE receiver. Mine does the
same and I've got used to it. It doesn't stop the remote working.
Stick something over the LED if it bothers you, it's only there to
tell you the receiver is receiving and you already know that.

Cheers,
Tim.