[mythtv-users] Recommendations for front end replacement

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 14:49:41 UTC 2011

Hello All,

My setup is a dedicated back end using ZOTAC IONITX-A-U Atom N330 as
my front ends(3).

I've just upgraded my primary entertainment display to a large Samsung
55 LED(HDMI) wall mount using Denon optical for audio.

While the Zotac's having been working pretty good they show some
stutter.  Specifically when you get into a large display like this.
I've never been able to get anything better then 1xHW, 1x temporal
etc... out of them.

Think it's time for some horse power.  Not really concerned about
silent running because you can't hear anything when you've got full
blown 5.1 Dolby running.

In the past I've read on the list about GT220 cards, but also lately GT430's.

Any suggestions?