[mythtv-users] Zotac Z68ITX-B-E (integrated gt430) anyone?

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Mon Dec 5 13:58:19 UTC 2011

Raymond Wagner wrote:
-----Original Message-----

On 12/4/2011 13:21, Matt Garman wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the Zotac
> Z68ITX-B-E motherboard?  It's an Intel Z68 Mini-ITX board; it's fairly
> unique in that it includes an integrated nVidia GT430.  Seems like it
> would be nearly ideal for a frontend machine.

The only problem I can think of off hand is that the GT430 does has a pair of DVI ports, so there is likely not going to be HDMI audio support.  The HDMI and DisplayPort are tied into Intel graphics, which in turn connect to the nVidia card through a Lucid Virtu ASIC.  Lucid does not support Linux at this time, so the nVidia graphics cannot be routed through those ports.

I don't have this board myself, but on this Norwegian forum there is one who has it and claims that the Nvidia GT 430 has one Display Port output and one DVI-I output. He also says that he get both sound and picture using an DVI to HDMI adapter.

http://avforum.no/forum/diy-htpc-konstruksjon-komponenter/114363-htpc-mini-itx-2.html#post1705486

Jens