[mythtv-users] alternate remotes other than MCE?

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Dec 5 05:58:39 UTC 2011

On 12/4/2011 9:53 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:

> So the standard MCE IR receivers are able to pick up codes from other
> devices easily it sounds like? That's an easy possibility since my
> parents use universal remotes already so I could just program them for
> another remote as it sounds like your suggesting.
>
> I'll have to try a few other remote codes to see if I can find one that works.

Yup. And with lirc, it can do it at the same time. I've got my main
setup programmed for something like 10 remotes. I'm not actually *using*
all of them, but it let me experiment with the remotes without removing
the ones that I knew were working.

You actually need to start thinking more about lirc than about the MCE
receiver. The strength lies with lirc.