[mythtv-users] Setting FE defaults

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Dec 4 13:21:20 UTC 2011

On 12/04/2011 08:05 AM, Saul A. Peebsen wrote:
> I cannot figure out how to set dome defaults, like fill method in
> playback.
> I see there is ~/.mythtv/config.xml file which is currently empty, but
> it seems to be not mentioned in official documentation.

config.xml only specifies where to find the backend and/or database.

There are locale-based defaults which can set some settings.

Playback Profiles can not be specified with locale-based defaults.  The
closest you could do is select a playback profile group from one of the
example groups.

Why not just configure each frontend as you set it up--since chances are
each one will need different configurations?

Mike