[mythtv-users] Check for start time of next recording

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Dec 1 16:22:48 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 10:53:48AM -0500, Doug Lytle wrote:
> Tom Lichti wrote:
> > I think mythbackend has a --print-schedule
>
> Under .23 it's:
>
> mythbackend --printsched
>
> Showing first line of schedule:
>
> --- print list start ---
> Title - Subtitle                    Ch Station Day Start  End   S C I  T
> N Pri
> According to Jim - "The Swimming P   33 TBS     01 11:30-12:00  1 0 0  A R 0

--printsched is the correct option.  Note that this output includes
all programs covered by recording rules, including those that won't
record.  To see which programs will record, you need to check the "C"
or "I" columns for non-zero values.

Anyway, in 0.24 or earlier, you should probably use the python
bindings instead of the --printsched output which is only intended for
humans.  In master, you should use the web services API.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net