[mythtv-users] Shutdown command failing

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 22:01:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 17:53, aaron <memoryguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 15:40, Rodney Morris <rodamorris at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This is just a shot in the dark, but does your sudoers file have the
>> "requiretty" option enabled?  If so, comment the entry out.  I know
>> that problem plagued me for a few days when setting up my Fedora based
>> combined FE/BE.
>

> Perhaps I will try reverting to the old sudo package again and see if
> that helps..... here's hoping it doesn't totally hose everything....
> :D

...Aaaand... success! I reverted to the sudo package from Slackware
13.0 and now shutdown is working (hooray for dependency-less Slackware
packages  ;-) )

I suppose it's too far off topic to ask for help in understanding what
changed between sudo "1.6.8p12" and "1.7.4p6" that would make my
existing configuration stop working? ;-)

I knew it was unlikely to by a Myth bug...

Now the main remaining issue is why it's suddenly setting the wakeup
time incorrectly.... the system upgrade seems to have made it "forget"
that the BIOS clock is in UTC... :)

Thanks so much, Rod!

aaron