[mythtv-users] What is everyone using for IR Receivers ?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Aug 31 15:16:11 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com> wrote:
> the IRMON panels interest me; should be able to pickup one for a few beer
> tokens. fine if you just need one or 2, but by the sounds of it, it could
> get expensive in your case.

Do you mean IMON? If so, I'd think carefully. As far as the display,
the VFD version might be alright (never seen it), but the LCD version
(which is what I typically see most places) is horrible. The contrast
on it is so terrible, it's unreadable from typical viewing distances.
Second, the IR receiver only works with MCE remotes. Most of the
remotes I own won't work with it.

--
Ron Frazier