[mythtv-users] Frontend crashes when playing AVC videos/recordings

Robert Logan bert at p3rf3ct.com
Wed Aug 31 09:04:37 UTC 2011

On 08/29/2011 07:58 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 8/29/2011 14:15, Thomas Boehm wrote:
>> I think my last reply didn't get approved due to the size of the attachment. So here it is again. This time I uploaded that file onto my webspace. The resulting file you can find here: http://www.boehmi.net/gdb.txt
>
> Looking through that backtrace, the issue seems to be in the ffmpeg
> decoding libraries (libavcodec), which would make it an upstream
> problem.  The ffmpeg libraries in 0.24 are almost a year old now.  The
> copy of the libraries in 0.25 are much newer, and having downloaded and
> tested the file, do not seem to suffer the same issue.  Chances are XBMC
> is using a new copy as well, and VLC uses its own independent libraries.
>
> I realize this is not what you want to hear, but chances are you'll just
> have to wait for 0.25 to be released for a fix.  A fix would entail a
> resync of libraries, which is something that will not happen on the
> -fixes branch.

Yes - I can confirm, Im having the same issue. All video related
components are failing since I moved to my new backend (AMD). Compiled
the 0.24.1 and all ok save when, for example, a preview is generated on
the mythweb, or  a trancoding/flagging job fires up. As for
mythfrontend, anything video related dies unceremoniously. 'Good' to
hear its not just me pulling my thinning hair out. Libavcodec the culprit.

Have tested with ffmpeg git and working trancode/preview gen all fine,
so can concur it will take a resync.

Sadly means I'm kindof stuck - my nice web myth vid editor development
can wait, which is a shame. May try to go back to 0.22 ...