[mythtv-users] HD-PVR recordings oversaturated

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 02:41:41 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Jim Berwick <jim at jamesberwick.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 7:41 PM, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I sent an email to Hauppauge support over the weekend asking if I could
>> get a previous version of the firmware, but haven't heard back yet.
>>
>> -Jerry
>>

> I just upgraded to 0x17 today (from 0xf and 0x12 on two different PVRs) and
> ran into this problem.  I played around with the recording settings as much
> as I could and was unable to get recordings to look even remotely decent.  I
> found Windows drivers with firmware 0x15 (Dated June 17 2010) which looks
> perfect.  The name of the file I found is HD-PVR_1_5_7_0_WHQL.zip, if that
> is of any help...

Indeed, that was extremely helpful.  I ended up bypassing all the kludge
fixes and found a download of that version, and now the encoding is
normal-looking.

I don't know yet whether this 2010 version is any better about the audio
issue (occasionally not recording any audio possibly because the HDPVR gets
set to AAC mode) which was why I upgraded the firmware in the first place.
 But in any case, it seems to be working at least as well as it was before
the first firmware upgrade.

Thanks much Jim.

-Jerry