[mythtv-users] HDPVR firmware upgrade

Jim Berwick jim at jamesberwick.com
Mon Aug 29 14:42:41 UTC 2011

Yes, unfortunately updating the firmware on Linux is not working for me, and
one of the PVRs is continuously locking up between recordings and I'd like
to update the firmware to see if that clears the issue up.  Like I said
though, I download the latest drivers (1.6.29something), plug the PVR into a
Windows machine, run the HcwDriverInstall.exe file which says it is updating
the drivers on the machine, says it completed successfully.  I then put the
PVR back on the Linux box and both still have the same firmware.  I'd think
at the very least if they were updated at all the firmwares would match, but
it seems like the driver isn't pushing out the firmware at all...