[mythtv-users] Jamu - Could not find setting 'BackendServerIP'

Paul Clark paul at aghast.co.uk
Sun Aug 28 12:02:58 UTC 2011

Hi

Jamu was working fine for me before I upgraded to 0.24-fixes.  I now
get the following error when I try to run Jamu from the command line.

paul at myth:~$ /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py -l en -C
"/home/mythtv/.mythtv/jamu.conf" -MVf

With any -M option Jamu must be run on a MythTV backend

! Warning - Could not find setting 'BackendServerIP' on host
'my-unique-identifier-goes-here'

! Error: Jamu must be run on a MythTV backend. Local host
(my-unique-identifier-goes-here) is not a MythTV backend.

I have a combined FE/BE so this is running on the backend.  Everything
else to do with my MythTV setup it working fine.  Any clues where I
should look?

Thanks, Paul