[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome gives black screen?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Aug 26 15:18:49 UTC 2011

On 2011-08-26, at 10:45 AM, Jan Johansson wrote:

> Just pulled v025pre-3238-g3b6143c and Mythwelcome now only gives a black screen, and the F11/F12 setup-screens are also inaccessible.
>
> Backend works, and so does the frontend (but cannot be launched from mythwelcome).
>
> Any hints here?

Do you have a mythshutdown process active? Recently I've been having a problem where the first call to mythshutdown hangs and until I kill it mythwelcome is hung. I haven't had a chance to diagnose if this is a myth bug or something specific to my machine. Anyway see if a "killall mythshutdown" unstops mythwelcome like it does for me.

In case I'm on to something: I took a look in the debugger and mythwelcome is stuck in the mythcontext destructor waiting for a semaphone (as I recall) but I don't see why it should be wedged.

- George