[mythtv-users] How to deal with same channels on different tuners?

Daniel Born born_daniel at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 21:29:03 UTC 2011

>> Hi all,

>> My setup has an HD stb going through an HD-PVR and an HVR2250 recording
>> analog cable channels (2 tuners).>
>
> Mark the duplicate channels on your analog lineup as hidden, so MythTV
> knows not to use them.

No, no, I don't want to mark them as duplicates because sometimes, I want to use those "duplicate" SD channels. (Just not at the same time as the other same ones...)

Let's say I'm recording on HD channel 617 (which is the same as analog
channel 17 SD) but I also would like to record what's playing on channel 609 but since I can only record 1 HD channel at a time, I can now
record it in SD on analog channel 7 (same as 609).

Does it make sense?
Daniel