[mythtv-users] Boxee Box for $169 has got me thinking

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Thu Aug 25 01:35:55 UTC 2011

This is the type of reply I was looking for. So, it would be
great at browsing thing already recorded, but not so much LiveTV
with pause function.

And if it matters, someone wrote a good hack for the Roku to tie
into mythweb to show things on there.  I bought my box for $60 -
it does require transcoding your files, but what I do is just
transcode stuff I don't care if I wait a day for, and it will
compress down nicely to h264 and be available on the Roku.  A
little image, show name, description, time recorded, shows up,
you can watch, and delete from the Roku.

It just requires you transcoding your files with the scripts
provided, having mythweb setup, and installing a folder in your
mythweb directory.  There is a private channel code you setup...