[mythtv-users] No video or audio using Pinnacle PCTV 800i

Greg Glaze stinkydaddyo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 01:02:19 UTC 2011

Trying the post again.

I am new to MythTV, but I believe I've tried all the options found in this
group and am still not getting any video from my Pinnacle PCTV 800i.  My
logs have been captured at the following URL.  Sorry for the blank URL last
time, but I've confirmed that this URL contains the logs.

http://pastebin.com/vAEJ1NPW

When I click "Watch TV", MythTV shows a blank screen for a few seconds, then
goes back to the menu.  dmesg confirms I have the XC5000 firmware installed,
yet I'm still getting a "format_to_mode() does not recognize V4L1" message.
Note that there are some messages in the syslog that state that the XC5000
firmware file cannot be found, but those messages are from when I tried a
different version of the firmware.

Thanks in advance for any help!

--Greg