[mythtv-users] Default Recording Rule to speed-up rule creation.

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 21:29:11 UTC 2011

99% of my recording rules are "Record at any time on any channel" with
a duplicate detection method of "Subtitle then Description"

Having recently upgraded to 0.25 and using the MythCenter-Wide them I
find that setting the above options is taking me 23 key presses each
time I create a new rule.

(Change the Record Option)
Right-Right-Right-Right-Right-Right-Right-Right

(Select Duplicate Matching field)
Down-Select-Down-Down-Down-Down

(Change to 'Subtitle then Description)
Right

Down-Down-Down-Down-Select-Up-Up

(Save the rule)
Enter

... which is becoming a bit of a chore.

Now I'd always believed that it was possible to define a default
recording rule, which would help, but now I come to look for it I
can't find anything (other than setting defaults for recording before
and after the program).

So, is there an easier way? (other than using mythweb - which I do sometimes).

Changing the default dupe-detection would help, but the other pain is
having to step through every other recording option to get to 'any
time any channel'.  Previously a single 'left' would achieve the same
effect but this no longer works - also is there a way to save the
rule, without having to back all the way up to the beginning, to get
to the 'Save' option?

Cheers.