[mythtv-users] No Sound?

F.B. Parker fbp.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 17:55:32 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 10:06 PM, Sanjeev Verma <sanjeev.x.verma at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ok, another twist. I had rebooted yesterday and tried
> mythtv, still had no sound. Then today, I tried again,
> and yes, sound was there! So we watched a full show and
> sound was spotless. I wish I could thank everyone and
> end the email here, but no...4 hours later (no reboots,
> no updates), I sat down to watch a show, and so sound
> again :-(...
>
> Kris, sound is turned all the way up in audio
> settings...did not help :-(
>
> Any other suggestions?

Do you have any other programs running that have sound? Like Firefox on a
web page with sound, or VLC, or something like that? (BTW, I run Mythbuntu
10.10 with MythTV 0.24-fixes.)

Yesterday, I had Firefox on my Subsonic page (music streaming, but no music
was streaming at the time) in one workspace. I then opened the mythfrontend
in another workspace, and mythfrontend had no sound.

So I quit the mythfrontend, quit Firefox in the other workspace, started the
mythfrontend again, and sound worked fine.

-FBP