[mythtv-users] BBC iPlayer website request fetches mobile site

Andy Summerskill andysummerskill at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 21 16:10:37 UTC 2011

Latest Mythbuntu update happened yesterday.

BBC iPlayer now works using Mythbrowser.

Thanks for speedy fix!

Regards,

Andy Summerskill

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 20:10:47 +0100
From: mythtv at sky.com
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] BBC iPlayer website request fetches mobile site

    On 16/08/11 19:53, Andy Summerskill wrote:

        Additional info...

        I have created a webpage containing the php code -

        <?php

         echo $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];

         ?>

        which returns

        Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0

        using the standard Ubuntu version of firefox. However, the
        return when the website is accessed from Mythbrowser is

        Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U;
          Linux i686; en-GB) AppleWebKit/533.3 (KHTML, like Gecko)
          Qt/4.7.2 Safari/533.3

        which the BBC website is presumably interpreting as a mobile
        browser.

    This is already fixed in master
      https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/f19c6108a

    Since it seem to be working well and no one has complained I'll
    backport it to the fixes branch.

    Paul H.