[mythtv-users] Master: In progress recordings being removed as duplicates of themselves?

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Sat Aug 20 13:03:16 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've got a weird problem that'll make me sound mad, and (thanks to an
unrelated problem) I don't even have logs to back it up.

Tonight (and on two other occasions in the last week or so) I've had a
recording start, appear in the recordings list, and later disappear again.
When I check the Previously Recorded screen, it insists that the show wasn't
recording because a previous showing had been.

Since every occasion thus far has been on a first screening (new episodes of
Top Gear, Midsomer Murders and Marchlands) the duplicate detection is
clearly misfiring - indeed, since the recordings start successfully, I can
only presume that the recordings are being detected as duplicates of
themselves!

On an unrelated but important note: is there any way to check where a
running instance of mythbackend is logging? On Ubuntu, the logs should be in
/var/logs/mythtv/mythbackend.log , but my most recent logs are from the 24th
of July...

- Chris