[mythtv-users] Toronto Mythtv Users: Anyone not getting TVO listings from Schedules Direct?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Aug 19 19:18:06 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 01:21:54PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/19/2011 02:25 AM, Ian Evans wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:42 PM, George Nassas<gnassas at mac.com>  wrote:
> >> I had to do a mythcommflag --refresh-all
> > Yeah. I had to do a manual --refresh-all run of mythfilldatabase. Had
> > to dig around to find the command. Guess a suggestion would be for
> > that option to be added automatically to the next run.
>
> FWIW, Schedules Direct users should never use --refresh-all.  You should
> use --dd-grab-all, instead.
>
> As a matter of fact, unless you have an underpowered master backend or
> MySQL server system, you should use --dd-grab-all every day.  See:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/449426#449426
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/d2822566

Mike,

One reason I don't normally use --dd-grab-all is because I don't want
mfdb touching today's listings unless I explicitly tell it to with
--refresh-today.  My rationale is if something goes wrong and messes
up future scheduling, I'll have time to notice it and correct it.  If
it messes up today's schedule, I might not have time to notice.

It looks like DataDirectProcessor::GrabAllData() hard codes the start
date as currentDate().addDays(-2).  Is there any chance of changing
that to currentDate().addDays(1) unless --refresh-today is used?

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net