[mythtv-users] Fedora 15 gnome activities auto start issue

Rodney Morris rodamorris at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 15:21:21 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Billy Macdonald
<toastyfries at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Myth Users.
>    So I decided to upgrade to Fedora 15 and the latest 24.1 fixes.   I see
> to have almost everything working and there have been some learning curves
> with the new Gnome 3 shell and systemd and whatnot.  But my last hurdle is
> when it auto logs in, the activities panel or whatever it's called is
> active.   I end up with mythfrontend running in a little window.  Once I
> click on it it goes full screen, but the dedicated frontends won't have a
> mouse to click on the window.   Anyone know how to configure gnome so that
> the activities thing isn't selected at login?
> Thanks,
> Will

Any particular reason you are using Gnome 3 shell?  Have you
considered using something lighter than gnome 3 shell, like xfce or
lxde?  Both are in the fedora repositories.  I currently use lxde for
the autologin user on my fedora based combined fe/be.  LXDE works
great for the task.

Rod