[mythtv-users] Silly question about live tv and two tuners

Simon Jones sijones2010 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 10:18:03 UTC 2011

> Terrific Larry... Thank you so much.  One more question - when I delete
> and add cards, is it necessary to do a channel scan again?  I didn't
> know, so when I deleted and added the cards, I did two scans (which
> takes awhile!).  Then I had to go back and delete the one marginal
> channel (It says 67% strength, but it is blocky and caused a major
> slowdown here a few nights ago when it just disappeared.  It is one of 3
> other PBS stations I get, so I don't need it).

No, don't delete or scan channels, just add or delete your capture
cards and then in Input associate the tuner with the Input and you'll
be fine.

With Myth a capture card is just a tuner, the Input is what says what
channels on are on which Tuner.

Another setting might be is to allow browse across Inputs, something
like that, so you can see all channels across all cards.