[mythtv-users] How to make mythbuntu 10.4 system disk clone bootable?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 02:07:48 UTC 2011

Finally had a chance to get back to this conundrum. I booted from the
Mythbuntu 10.04 install cd as a "live" system and found that all I
needed to do was the first two commands as reported by Martin Moores,
to wit:

        sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
        sudo grub-install --root-directory=/mnt/ /dev/sda

where /dev/sda1 was the root partition on the disk (the only other one
was a swap partition).  From other readings, found out that it there
had been a separate /boot partition, say /dev/sda5, then I'd have had
to add a middle step of:

        sudo mount /dev/sda5 /mnt/boot

All is back to normal (at least on this front) ;-)

Thanks to all for your inputs!

Craig.