[mythtv-users] Long time Mythwelcome bugs?

Douglas Mackay douglas.mackay at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 21:06:38 UTC 2011

On 15 August 2011 21:29, Thomas Boehm <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net> wrote:

> My system is configured correctly following the wiki. It shuts down when
> idle and wakes up when a recording is due.
>
> You mention mythshutdown, could this be the cause of the problem? I'm
> using the default server halt command "sudo shutdown -h now" and this is
> written in the wiki too.
>
> Wait a minute, now I see that there is something differently written in
> the mythwelcome section of that article.
>
> Command to set Wakeup Time             : mythshutdown --setwakeup $time
> Server halt command                    : mythshutdown --shutdown
> Pre Shutdown check-command             : mythshutdown --check
>
> I'll try this tomorrow. The BE is busy recording right now...

For the automatic frontend starting to work you need to be using
mythshutdown (which is really the helper app for mythwelcome). In the
ACPI wakeup wiki (Mythwelcome users in section 5.2) there's the
following description of what happens if everything is set-up as
detailed in the Wiki :-

The backend 'Pre Shutdown check-command' will be called - if it returns 0 then

The backend 'Command to set Wakeup Time' (mythshutdown --setwakeup
$time) will be called. This writes the time into the database which
mythwelcome will then use to detect if the next start-up is manual or
for a scheduled recording / daily wakeup period.

The backend 'Server halt command' (mythshutdown --shutdown) will be
called. This runs the mythwelcome 'Command to set wakeup time' (sudo
sh -c "/usr/bin/setwakeup.sh $time"). The $time variable here will
either be the time of the next scheduled recording or the time of the
next defined wakeup period. The mythwelcome 'Command to shutdown' will
then be called (sudo shutdown -h now) to shutdown the system.