[mythtv-users] Just upgraded to pre-alpha, not yet finished thing that will become 0.25 with mixed results.

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Mon Aug 15 03:12:10 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net>wrote:

> On 07/10/2011 09:31 PM, Mark Kendall wrote:
> > On 11 July 2011 12:08, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Reasons to not try the thing that will become mythTV 0.25 yet:
> You will piss off the developers if you do so and report about it.

Well, maybe - they're fine with people reporting things that
they've thoroughly investigated themselves, but kinda snarky with people who
just report symptoms.

> Susceptible to zero length failed recordings.
> "Watch TV" fails until the backend has been stopped and restarted.

 FWIW, I'm running pre-0.25 and I don't see either of these issues (using
USB DVB-T tuners).

Some versions of the daily build will cause segmentation faults or fail in
> other odd ways.

Seems to have settled down in the last few days - I got a string of useless
builds last week, but a version pulled yesterday seems fine.

- Chris