[mythtv-users] Silly question about live tv and two tuners

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Sun Aug 14 01:47:01 UTC 2011

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 13:52 -0500, "Larry Finger"
<Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net> wrote:

> The selection of tuners for recording is based on the entries in the
> "Capture
> Cards" section. Thus I have listed /dev/video2 first, followed by
> /dev/video1.
> That setup will do what you want. Recording a single program will select
> tuner 2
> leaving 1 available for a second recording or live TV.
>
> Larry

Terrific Larry... Thank you so much.  One more question - when I delete
and add cards, is it necessary to do a channel scan again?  I didn't
know, so when I deleted and added the cards, I did two scans (which
takes awhile!).  Then I had to go back and delete the one marginal
channel (It says 67% strength, but it is blocky and caused a major
slowdown here a few nights ago when it just disappeared.  It is one of 3
other PBS stations I get, so I don't need it).

Thanks again!  We are just about setup with a PC in the living room
(coming this week) to be a front end, and then we are cutting the cord!
Very exciting.  $100 saved a month by doing that - the wife already has
our Disney World trip earmarked. :)

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com