[mythtv-users] Playback problem -- random short pauses

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Thu Aug 11 13:03:45 UTC 2011

On 13 Jul 2011, at 14:36, Mark Lord wrote:

> On 11-07-10 01:15 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Michael Drons <mdrons at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> This original issue should be fixed via this ticket:
>>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9815
>>> Mike
>>
>> is this something that can be backported to 0.24-fixes?
>>

> The patch itself applies cleanly to 0.24-fixes,
> after first renaming "ringbuffer.cpp" to "RingBuffer.cpp" in the patch file.
>
> Seems to work fine, too!

Did this get committed to 0.24-fixes?

I ask because since applying some updates a week or two ago I have considerably less pauses/glitches. :-)))

I still see the odd lone glitch which I guess is backend activity related and I still have some glitching on fade to black credits scenes, oddly enough it doe it on fade to white too, not often you see that though. The main thing is I can now watch a 1 hour HD show and it's usually glitch free, great stuff, many thanks.

I waited a while to report back as I haven't been watching much TV lately and wanted to be sure it wasn't just luck.

Andre