[mythtv-users] Playback problem -- random short pauses

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 11 12:37:20 UTC 2011

My experience with random short pauses was due to having lvm on top of raid5 array. Maybe the array wasn't configured correctly (cylinder boundaries?), or maybe one or more of the disks spinned down, I don't know. The problem went away if the file played was on a storage group located not on the array. I solved it by backing up everything, removing lvm and just using raid5.  Maybe I should have investigated further, but at the time solving the problem was my main concern. All that happened 2 years ago, and I've not had single pause since. For anyone interested, the thread is at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/409418?search_string=to%20finish%20the%20story;#409418 Just my 2c. Yianni.