[mythtv-users] Wait for DVB devices

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 07:27:41 UTC 2011

2011/8/10 Johan.van der Kolk <johan.van.der.kolk1 at telenet.be>:
> On 08/10/2011 11:27 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
>> Hello list, I am using BE/FE MythTV on a Debian Squeeze with
>> debian-multimedia.org stable repository. I have 3 DVB cards, 2 DVB-T
>> and 1 DVB-S2. When I reboot the machine it automatically start the
>> frontend. But sometimes I must restart the backend to get working some
>> DVB devices.
>>
>> Is possible to wait to all DVB devices are ready to start the backend?
>>
>> Thanks and best regards.
>>
> I'm using monit to make sure that the virtual dvb tuners are ready
> before I start the backend.
>
> If I loose a virtual tuner (/dev/dvb2) for whatever reason, sasc
> restarts, then the backend restarts.

Thanks Johan Van!

I use Monit and virtual adapters too! But I never configure together.

This is my configuration for mythbackend restart:

check process mythbackend with pidfile /var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid
 start program = "/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend start"
 stop program  = "/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend stop"

Could you send me your configuration to detect the virtual adapters
and restart the "forbidden_soft"?

Thanks and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano