[mythtv-users] Bootup race condition - frontend starts before eth0 is up

Ben Lancaster mail at benlancaster.co.uk
Wed Aug 10 22:38:58 UTC 2011

Since switching my WM to Ratpoison, sometimes my frontend can't connect to the master backend in time as the network interface hasn't yet come up, which obviously causes the slave frontend to go a bit mental (well, show the first start config stuff).

I'm using Mythbuntu, and have had a look at configuring upstart to wait until the network interface is up and running before it starts GDM, but haven't been able to figure out the syntax and correct event as yet. Any pointers?

Ben