[mythtv-users] Mythexport no audio

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 22:17:26 UTC 2011

When I use mythexport to try to obtain a video for portable devices I get
the video in mp4 format but no audio appears to be included.  When I check
the video with VLC it says there is no audio track.  I have seen where
mythexport was switched to work with mp3 for audio and it makes refernce of
changing the config to work back with aac but there is no reference on how
to do this.  I have found an old posting on the list server that talks about
a settings file at /var/lib/mythtv/mythexport_settings.cfg but no such file
exists on my system.

How do I get audio out of these files transcoded with mythexport?