[mythtv-users] MythTV dependencies and Ron's Ceton patch

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:02:02 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net>
> wrote:
> >>
> > Is it the other way around?  I think it is trying to install .24.0+fixes
> > from 2011.04.16 because that is the latest version of the unpatched
> > libraries that it knows about, but I applied your patch to the
> .24.1+fixes
> > source.
>
> Oh, well maybe it is the other way around (it wants to downgrade). I'm
> not 100% sure how to interpret that dependency output. I thought you
> had just followed my mythbuntu instructions, which downloads the same
> 0.24-0 source which I'm pretty was used to build mythbuntu's default
> copy of myth. If you downloaded 0.24-1 fixes straight from git, then
> I'm not sure how that would have worked.
>

> --
> Ron Frazier

My head is spinning, but I think I got it.  I looked back at what I actually
did.  I did exactly as you said in your instructions.  The problem is that I
updated to .24.1-fixes, and overwrote some of my .24.1-fixes binaries with
your patch generated .24.0-fixes binaries.  Now I have a mixed bag of
.24.0-fixes and .24.1-fixes binaries.  Scary!

I made a couple mistakes:

First, I misunderstood your patch.  I thought I already had to be at
.24.x-fixes to apply the patch.  Your patch is not a binary patch, but
rather a source code patch.  It was quite obvious.  I don't know why I
missed that.

Second, I thought adding the updates repos would bring me to .24.0-fixes and
not .24.1-fixes.  I should have also known this when it asked me if I was to
keep up-to-date with .24.x or .25.

I am not sure the best course of action at this point.

-Tom