[mythtv-users] Foxtel

Douglas Clowes dclowes1 at optusnet.com.au
Tue Aug 9 09:08:48 UTC 2011

On 2011-08-09 10:00, craigjl77 at optusnet.com.au wrote:
>> Douglas Clowes<dclowes1 at optusnet.com.au>  wrote:
>>
>> On 2011-08-03 13:33, Paul Buchanan wrote:
>>> Is it possible to configure Myth for connection to Foxtel in
>> Australia?
>>> If so, can someone point me to a setup guide?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>

>>> Paul

>> I am using Shepherd for the EPG and an old Leadtek DTV-1000T for the
>> analogue input card.
>>
>> IIRC I got most of the rest of my information from the MythTV wiki and
>> various Whirlpool posts.
>>
>> Just recently added a mceusb transceiver so that I can now change
>> channels.
>>
>> Douglas
>
> So does MythTv handle Foxtel? It didn't look like a definitive answer, to me.
Short answer: Yes.

I'm using the SCART output for Composite Video to the Composite input of
my DTV1000T but the video leaves something to be desired, but I don't
think the kids mind. Same SCART output for stereo audio goes to my line
input on the PC for reasonable sound. It gets put into a NUV file with
MPEG4 which MythTV and VLC seem to understand fine, but avidemux seems
to have problems with.

It took me quite a while to sort out Shepherd and mythfilldatabase and
while it works, it could probably be better. Then some more time tuning
the analogue channel because giving up and going with the composite into
xawtv to get it sorted. Then came the channel changing.

So, it's been a couple of years in elapsed time but it's working now.
Others seem to have done it and probably quicker.

Douglas