[mythtv-users] Cant tune SBS and Nine in Melbourne, AU with Hauppauge HVR2200

sonofzev at iinet.net.au sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 9 05:38:48 UTC 2011

On Tue Aug  9 13:48 , "blind_Pete"  sent:

>On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Allan Klinbail wrote:

>> > Nothing at all?  Or just a poor picture?  Digital is notorious for
>> > either working perfectly or not at all.
>> >
>> > Try again.  Check tha antenna and connections.

>> > Those two stations use a +125 kHz offset.  Edit the transports.
>> >

>> Which are the correct transports to add the offset to?
>>
>> Can I simply add 125 in the fine tune column of mythweb?
>
>When you edit transports in myth-setup's channel editor
>most of the carrier frequencies end in 500000.  Two of them
>should end in 625000.  I think that yours is already done.

BTW - I'm not the OP.. I'm the OP for the other thread on a similar topic but I
was getting strange channum information as opposed to nothing being picked up at
all.

my transport wasn't good. ..

I rescanned, SBS came good, but channel 9 is picking up the same things (chan
1072,1073 and 1074).. I tried editing the transport as per above (I guessed), but
that was even worse as it didn't pick up anything at all... (i.e. defaults to
19150000 changed it to 191625000..

The only thing I can think of now is that when I changed it to 1916250000 I also
set the other values as per http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/MythTV instead of
leaving them at auto..

I did however delete the connections and rescan from scratch..

I'm almost ready to throw in the towel and pick up an  hd home run.. but I guess
that could suffer the same problems!!