[mythtv-users] CF mythfrontend recommendations

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 17:23:46 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com>wrote:

> I use a cf to sata adapter from startech and a 16gb cf card a 320x card.
> Before I used a 4gb usb stick with mythbuntu and found it too small. I
> certainly wouldn't consider a 2gb card.
>
> The smallest ssd was 64gb the smallest and much more expensive although
> smaller cheaper ssds maybe available now but I doubt it, I expect that they
> will be bigger for the same price.

I bought this 30GB SSD for the listed $70-ish.

http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Technology-Vertex-Solid-OCZSSD2-1VTX30G/dp/B001NPCTB4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312824147&sr=8-1

By comparison, a 16GB CF is of comparable price but I can say having used
both, the SSD is significantly faster.

Kevin

--
http://about.me/kkuphal