[mythtv-users] Cant tune SBS and Nine in Melbourne, AU with Hauppauge HVR2200

Anthony Hill arhill at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 12:51:22 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 7:26 PM, blind_Pete <0123peter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Anthony Hill wrote:
> > ..got sick of my growing collection of slightly crap usb tuners and got
> me a
> > PCIe Hauppauge HVR2200 the other day.
> >
> > Once I got the modules.conf (options saa7164 card=6) and firmware
> > (dvb-fe-tda10048-1.0.fw, NXP7164-2010-03-10.1.fw) in place
> > it seemed to be working fine.
> >
> > I did a channel scan, setup the video sources, and it seemed all good -
> > channels changed fast, signal level was good - and picture looked fine.
> >
> > Except no SBS (SBS ONE, TWO, 3, 4, and HD) or 9 (Go and GEM).
>
> Nothing at all?  Or just a poor picture?  Digital is notorious for
> either working perfectly or not at all.
>
> Try again.  Check tha antenna and connections.

Hey Pete - No - nothing. It does not find the channels - if you didnt know
they existed, you still wouldnt after scanning.

It is not signal or antenna. Other tuners have worked fine on the same
antenna, as does the TV.
All channels 'cept SBS and 9 are fine. SBS and 9 are not found unless I use
the tzap or transport methods mentioned previously.

> I found postings from lots of Aussies who seemed to be having similar
> > problems. (I suspect these stations changed something [added an extra
> > channel?] in the last few months)
>
> Those two stations use a +125 kHz offset.  Edit the transports.
>
> Dunno what a +125kHz offset is, but I have manually created transports for
these two channels using :-

SBS
Freq: 536625000
Bandwidth: 7Mhz
Inversion: AUTO
Mod: QAM-64
LD Code: None
HD Code: 2/3
Trans Mode: 8k
Guard: 1/8
Hierachy: None

Channel 9 (go gem and 9)
Freq 191625000
BW 7Mhz
Inversion Auto
Modulation QAM-64
LP Coderate 3/4
HP Coderate 3/4
Trans 8K
Gaurd 1/16
Heirachy None

..rescanning with these transports finds and creates the missing channels,
but they dont work at all unless
I enable quick tuning - if I do that, I can watch them using live TV - but
still get no EIT EPG - so no scheduling at this time.