[mythtv-users] How to make mythbuntu 10.4 system disk clone bootable?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Mon Aug 8 12:28:47 UTC 2011

Just throwing it out there, since I am sure you checked..

My system defines things with uuid instead of /dev - which makes
it so much harder to do what you are doing :)  I had a similar
situation, swapped disks, and it kept getting hanged - uuid's
were used on the boot list, fstab, and even in some swap switches
which took awhile to find.
--
Kris B.
[1]krisbee at krisbee.com

On Sun, 07 Aug 2011 18:31 -0500, "Craig Huff"
<huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:

  On Aug 7, 2011 5:43 PM, "Nick Rout" <[2]nick.rout at gmail.com>
  wrote:

  > > Any
  > > help making this clone bootable?
  >
  > At what point do you get to in the boot sequence?

  Nothing past the bios -- unless there's a CD in place.

  > Do you need to tell the bios to boot from that particular
  disk?

  > Do you need to run grub-install or whatever it is called to
  put grub
  > on the MBR?

  I believe that's what is needed.

  > (does gparted clone the mbr or just the partitions?)

  Just the partitions.