[mythtv-users] CF mythfrontend recommendations

Fernando Ruza Rodriguez ffrr12 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 17:32:38 UTC 2011

El dom, 07-08-2011 a las 13:06 -0400, Raymond Wagner escribió:
> On 8/7/2011 12:46, Fernando Ruza Rodriguez wrote:
> > I'm going to install a Mythtv frontend with Debian Linux in a 2GB
> > Compact Flash. I'm going to follow the recommendations it says here, in
> > the section linux tuning:
> > http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Compact_Flash_boot_drive
> >
> > Does anyone have anymore recommendations for this kind of
> > installation ??
>
> You need a CF card, a CF-PATA adapter, and a PATA-SATA controller.  Why
> not just get an SSD?

Because I already had all of that: Transced CF 2GB 300x and addonics
CF-SATA Adapter:
http://www.addonics.com/products/flash_memory_reader/adsacf.asp

It is an old mythtv frontend I did 3 years ago and 2 months ago the CF
memory was broken that's why I'm asking for the CF recommendations to
see if now I can make its life longer.

Regards,

--
Fernando Ruza Rodriguez <ffrr12 at gmail.com>