[mythtv-users] OT: Missing LFEs when watching recording of Watchmen from last nights CH4 HD

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Aug 7 16:31:00 UTC 2011

Saw that Watchmen was on CH4 HD last night. Recorded it on the off chance
that it was actually HD and not upscaled SD, and it was!. Looked
very much like the Blu-ray... but it didn't sound quite so good.
Checked my AV Receiver and it claimed that it was receiving
Dolby Digital. The sound was clear enough, and the surround
sound effects were fine, but the very low frequencies seemed
to be missing. I remember the Blu-ray used to shake the room.

Anybody else notice that. I'm wondering whether I have something
set up wrongly in my FE.

Cheers,
	Paul.