[mythtv-users] MySQL related BE deadlocks - collective wisdom needed

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Aug 7 00:48:14 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-08-06 at 18:41 +0200, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-08-06 at 09:10 -0700, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> [snip]
> > If you looked at the change that Daniel put in to make this work, you
> > will see that this was an intentional message so that the developers
> > will go and fix the various queries, but have it still "working" in
> > the mean time.
>
> Maybe my bug report #9964 should be reopened as an import recorder
> problem.

It be better as a new ticket that just pasted in the warning you get.
One of the things that commit did was print NULL for null strings
in the debugging and not just a blank, to differentiate it from
blank strings which are allowed in NOT NULL columns.

I think the import recorder problem is just a plain old bug in
the recorder. I wrote that recorder for debugging so it is very
light in terms of error detection and avoidance and features have
also been added on to since I wrote the original version.

-- Daniel