[mythtv-users] Fedora FC15, lirc and CommandIR

Andrew Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Sat Aug 6 12:01:04 UTC 2011

Long story short:  I had a drive fail on me (the one holding the OS in
this case), and due to changes in my circumstances, I decided to use
Fedora (FC15) as the distro on this rebuild versus Gentoo.

In any case, I have a CommandIR Mini attached to this system to control
4 STB's.  I just copied my old config files, channel change scripts, etc
from a relatively recent backup, made a couple tweaks, started lircd
from the command line (/usr/sbin/lircd --driver=commandir) and manually
verified everything was working, and the STB's were changing to the
correct channels.

Then edited the /etc/sysconfig/lirc to specify the driver (commandir),
ran 'service lirc start', verified lircd was running, ran one of the
channel change scripts, and nothing.

Checked /var/log/messages and saw several messages:
Aug  6 00:24:58 snoopy lircd-0.9.0[11837]: No CommandIRs found

Checked the command line used to run lircd with 'ps aux | grep lircd'
but didn't see anything odd.

Stopped the service, ran lircd with the exact same command line I saw
from the 'ps aux' and it works.  Killed lircrd, restarted the service,
nothing. Nothing that is except more 'No CommandIRs found'

In both cases lircd is being run as root.  Anyone have any clue what I
should be looking at?

Thanks,

Andrew.