[mythtv-users] Two tuners showed up

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 23:24:05 UTC 2011

On 6 August 2011 00:19, Stephen Atkins <satkins at inetdesign.org> wrote:
> I rebuilt my master backend.  Once the DB was restored from the original
> I deleted all capture cards (both local and on remote backends) since I
> switched cards to different versions.
>
> When I created the HVR-1600 which is on the master, it seems to have
> created two instances of it.  So cardid 17 and cardid 18 both point to
> the same device.  But when I manage the cards in the mythtv-setup it
> only shows one.  If I change something (like time to wait for a signal)
> it changes both of them in the database.  In MythWeb it shows both of
> them.  I'm just wondering what might happen if I manually delete #18?
> Is there any other tables that might need cleaning up after this?

Sounds like the expected behaviour when you have configured a digital
tuner with multirec set for 2 (the default if you don't explicitly
change the setting) concurrent recordings. Nothing to worry about.

Both "virtual" tuners share the same physical tuner, hence the reason
why changing tuning parameters affects all entries associated with the
physical tuner.

Cheers,
Nick