[mythtv-users] Silly question: unplugging kybd and mouse

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 22:23:05 UTC 2011

On 5 August 2011 23:16, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got VNC working in Mythbuntu. So...can I just unplug my keyboard
> and mouse without worrying that the computer will complain upon boot
> that they're missing and not complete the boot to loading mythtv?

Be careful if you have other input devices (e.g. a remote control)
that are configured by their /dev/input/event address, rather than
something more stable like /dev/input/by-id or /dev/input/by-path.
Event IDs will change on boot if devices like keyboards and mouse are
removed, and your remote will likely stop working if addressed by
/dev/input/event.

Cheers,
Nick

--