[mythtv-users] MySQL related BE deadlocks - collective wisdom needed

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Aug 5 16:41:50 UTC 2011

On 11-08-05 12:24 PM, Warpme wrote:

> Other part I believe was related to mythproto server implementation.
> At some point in time mythproto server was totally rewritten in master
> and since that time I not experienced single deadlock with
> "MYTH_PROTO_VERSION was empty" - beside those which were related to DB.

I seem to get both, or they are related and/or one and the same.

That is, I get the:

2011-08-05 09:13:56.861 Protocol version check failure.
                         The response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION was empty.
                         This happens when the backend is too busy to
respond,
                         or has deadlocked in due to bugs or hardware
failure.

errors on my backend when a frontend tries to connect after the backend
has begun recording(s).

> May You look on stack trace during such deadlock and check is it related
> to DB access hang ?

But I also see those DB threads in my stack traces.

b.