[mythtv-users] MySQL related BE deadlocks - collective wisdom needed

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Aug 4 20:29:59 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 15:11 +0200, Warpme wrote:
> I'm calling for collective wisdom of all mysql/Linux gurus here.
> I have continuous BE deadlocks (despite my last comments in 9773/9772
> last 2 days were nightmare with 4 deadlocks).
> Analyzing traces majority of them seems to point to common issue: hang
> within mysql libraries during myth access to DB).
> Usually hung thread looks following:

I believe commit [4dfcdb8dd] plus the last patch on this ticket:
   http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5501
should resolve the problem completely.

Once [4dfcdb8dd] has gotten testing on a number of people's systems we
can backport it to 0.24-fixes.

The patch in the ticket makes the SQL connections per thread connections
as required by the Qt4 API while the commit updates our SQL reconnection
logic to work properly with Qt4, which looks like the primary problem.

These fix would not have been possible without the error reports, plus
the discussion here, plus Michael T. Dean's encyclopedic memory and
unmatched google-fu. Thanks All.

-- Daniel