[mythtv-users] MythWeb setup issues - Mandriva 2010.2

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Thu Aug 4 18:36:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 19:01 +0100, "Mike Perkins"
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> I have never managed to get the packaged mythweb provided by Mandriva to
> run
> successfully. I don't think the packager understands how it works, it
> gets
> installed in the wrong location with respect to the rest of the html
> tree. The
> last time I tried it I ended up with a similar situation to that you
> describe.
> >
> Mike Perkins

I think you maybe right - the instructions, to me, assume you never had
an apache running before, and a couple of other things.

1. Tonight I plan on moving the /mythweb directly under my document root
(which is nowhere near /var), again and stop with the alias stuff.
2. Make another /data directory
3. Make it all owned by apache
4. Edit the included myweb.conf which I put under
/etc/httpd/conf/webapps.d to point to the correct directory in the
<directory> sections (which make it look like two different directories,
but I think the myweb.conf could have been just one big <Directory>
section.  Just for reference, the real directory is
/mnt/win_d/Webserver/mythweb..

I have tried this several times, but at different points and perhaps I
didn't have one of these steps correct - so better for me to start from
scratch and try again to get it right.

I did have the issue most Mandriva people have of not having
extramodules/mod_php5.so load, but I took care of that. :)

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com