[mythtv-users] Best all around analog and clear QAM tuner

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Thu Aug 4 18:05:20 UTC 2011

On 08/04/2011 09:08 AM, Aaron Klein wrote:

> I want to thank everyone whom replied.  With the replies I decided to
> reinstall 11.04 last night and ignore that when I went to IVTV MPEG2
> that it did not display the card right away and put in /dev/video0 and
> after doing so it appeared and I was able to configure the card and
> live TV worked fine on both analog and digital sides of the tuner.
> I also was able to get most of the remote working but it seems my
> back/exit button is not being reconized.  This is somewhat
> disappointing because that is how we get out of recorded shows back to
> the menus.  Those of you whom do have a working 1600 do you use the
> remote and if so do  you have full funcionality of the remote?

I have my remote working, but didn't use a standard configuration.  I've
also redefined some keys in MythTV setup.  I'm beginning to wonder if
I've worked too hard, and some stock configuration would have taken care
of me.  I have most of the function I want on the remote, but not all.
I do have the "back" key working.

Dale